Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Los Angeles|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Provo, Utah|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ|San Bruno, CA|Kennewick, WA|San Antonio, Texas|Wichita, Kansas|Omaha, Nebraska|Elk Grove, California|Hilliard, Ohio|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Castro Valley, California|Littleton, Colorado|Medford, Massachusetts|Kentwood, Michigan|Watauga, Texas|Boston, Massachusetts|Brooklyn, NY|NYC - 2|Chicago - Loop|Lakeview, Illinois|Santa Barbara, CA|Waltham, MA|Frisco, TX|Santa Clara, CA|Sunnyvale, CA|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Bethesda, DC|Germantown, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
About Our Client:
Our client is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. They are on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Our client is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love their product. Our client eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 3 million customers in their first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, they want to meet you!
About this Role:
Our client is looking for an experienced Software Engineer working on all data related projects: data pipelines, data science and data analytics projects.
What you’ll do
- Build and scale systems to retrieve, process and make available internal and external datasets.
- Design and build data queries and visualizations to support product and operational activities.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, data discrepancies, alerts etc.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business issues
- Build and implement data solutions to help drive strategic business decisions.
- Leverage both new and existing data to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our client's risk infrastructure.
- Specify, design, build and test data processing software.
- Build, test and monitor data retrieval and cleansing pipelines.
- Partner with operations to quickly respond to rapidly evolving events.
- Help build the next generation of data products at our client.
What our client is looking for
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, ideally in data-intensive systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Bias towards simple solutions that work.
Working at our client
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- High potential for growth
- Stock in an early-stage startup
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Employee referral program
- Monthly stipend for client Card testing
- 401K plan
Base Salary Range: $160,000 to $200,000