Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Los Angeles|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Provo, Utah|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ|San Bruno, CA|Kennewick, WA|San Antonio, Texas|Wichita, Kansas|Omaha, Nebraska|Elk Grove, California|Hilliard, Ohio|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Castro Valley, California|Littleton, Colorado|Medford, Massachusetts|Kentwood, Michigan|Watauga, Texas|Boston, Massachusetts|Brooklyn, NY|NYC - 2|Chicago - Loop|Lakeview, Illinois|Santa Barbara, CA|Waltham, MA|Frisco, TX|Santa Clara, CA|Sunnyvale, CA|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Bethesda, DC|Germantown, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
About Our Client:
Our client is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. They are on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Our client is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love their product. Our client eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 3 million customers in their first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, they want to meet you!
Our client is looking for an experienced Data Scientist working on all parts of the business: Risk, Growth, Customer Experience to name a few.
What you’ll do
- Fraud detection algorithms and systems that protect our client and their customers from fraud and financial loss. You will work with our client's fraud experts to understand all the details of what’s working well and where they need to fill gaps, and help build an in-house decisioning platform to quickly test, improve, ship, and track models.
- Systems to identify behavioral patterns among our client's users and match with correct incentives and recommendations.
- Systems to cleanse, classify and deduplicate metadata from a large dataset of financial transactions.
- Collect and define requirements for data-driven projects across all company's needs.
- Design and implement data solutions from the ground up to help drive strategic business decisions.
- Leverage both new and existing data to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our client's risk infrastructure.
- Design and implement predictive models as part of overall solutions.
- Specify, design, build and test data processing software.
- Partner with operations to quickly respond to rapidly evolving events.
- Help build the next generation of data products at our client.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience in data engineering or data science.
- A graduate degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, physical sciences, or a similar technical field.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Bias towards simple solutions that work.
- Experience working on financial systems, fraud and risk modeling.
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning models.
Working at our client
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- High potential for growth
- Stock in an early-stage startup
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Employee referral program
- Monthly stipend for client Card testing
- 401K plan
Base Salary Range: $160,000 to $200,000