Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
Our client is building a new format for capturing and sharing our lives online. They believe screenshots are the digital photographs of our generation. Our client envisions a world where screenshots are the social springboard of the curated internet. They are building the first screenshot-native technology to unlock the power of these digital photographs. Our client’s technology allows anyone to access the source content behind screenshots, instantly retrieving shopping links, songs, videos and more.
As they scale, they are excited to grow their world-class team as they work to fundamentally change digital expression. Their mission centers around creating joyful, inclusive online spaces that transcend the “walled gardens” of the internet. As such, they are focused on creating a culture where team members are empowered to show up as their full selves, take ownership, and collaborate around shared values. They value humility, empathy, creativity, accountability, and the idea that they are able to accomplish more together than alone.
About the Role
They’re looking to hire an iOS Engineer to lead the development of their iOS application.
Who You Are
- Design and development of beautiful, usable and functionally rich iOS apps
- Guide architectural decisions, technical designs, and improve overall mobile infrastructure.
- Analyze requirements and estimate efforts timeline, dependencies and risks
- Investigate technical feasibility and suggest implementation options
- Provide technical and personal leadership to a distributed iOS development project team
- Ensure a high quality user experience in their iOS app
- Write clean code and contribute/integrate open-source projects and frameworks
- Diving deep into the code to fix bugs and improve stability and maintainability
- Collaborating with designers and product owners to determine the most efficient way to implement new features
- Hands-on iOS app development, including feature development & problem solving
- Integrate mobile software with embedded device software on connected hardware modules, and with cloud software
- Participate in all aspects of product design and development
- Mentor others
- 7+ years of experience in the software development industry
- 5+ years of proven experience shipping high-quality iOS applications
- Strong technical skills in iOS development with Swift and Objective-C
- Deep understanding of CoreML, and machine learning kits and frameworks in iOS
- Solid understanding of persistence and Core Data
- Solid understanding of MVC/MVVM
- Passion for building great UI/UX
- Good understanding of iOS related programming patterns and OS facilities
- Have your own app development portfolio that demonstrates real-life experience with mainstream mobile apps used by a broad consumer install base
- Hands-on experience in the Agile development process
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts, design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or comparable relevant experience
Preferred Optional Skills:
- Understand and have demonstrated best practices in front-end UI / UX implementation
- Understanding of app optimization including performance optimization
- Hands-on experience with test-driven development and continuous integration
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Able to deal with ambiguity and change
- Start up experience
- Passionate about computer vision and image analysis
- Competitive salary and equity
- Technology stipend, learning + development budget
- Health, dental and vision insurance, paid parental leave
- A culture of inclusion, team-first mentality and the autonomy to pursue interesting and challenging work
- Unlimited vacation
They have a preference for candidates based in New York. However, they recognize that great talent comes from everywhere and would consider exceptional candidates from outside of our preferred geographies and offer relocation.
Base Salary Range: $150k -200k