SECURITY ENGINEERING LEAD
Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Los Angeles|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Provo, Utah|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ|San Bruno, CA|Kennewick, WA|San Antonio, Texas|Wichita, Kansas|Omaha, Nebraska|Rochester, New York|Elk Grove, California|Hilliard, Ohio|Mira Mesa, California|Overland Park, Kansas|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Castro Valley, California|Littleton, Colorado|Medford, Massachusetts|Kentwood, Michigan|Livonia, Michigan|Watauga, Texas|Boston, Massachusetts|Brooklyn, NY|NYC - 2|Chicago - Loop|Cicero, Illinois|Lakeview, Illinois|Santa Barbara, CA|Waltham, MA|Frisco, TX|Santa Clara, CA|Sunnyvale, CA|Menlo Park, CA|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Bethesda, DC|Germantown, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA|Carmel Valley, CA|Canada - Vancouver|Berkeley, CA|Fremont, CA|Hoboken, NY|Jersey City, NY|Los Altos, CA|Burlingame, CA|Mill Valley, CA|South San Francisco, CA|Milpitas, CA|Cleveland, OH|Fort Worth, TX|Memphis, TN|San Jose, CA|Saratoga, CA, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
About our Client
Our client is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. They are on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Our client is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love their product:
Our client eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 2.5 million customers in their first year on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, our client wants to meet you!
About the Role:
Information security is paramount in everything our client does to protect their customers and employees. Our client is looking for a Security Engineering Leader to build a team focused on product and corporate information security. If you are interested in helping them build the foundation of their security stack, they would love to talk to you!
- Build the security engineering program going from zero to one.
- Your team will assess risks to our client’s customers across a wide range of product and technology areas, including mobile, backend infrastructure, key management, account recovery, third party integrations, authentication, and privacy.
- Be the subject matter expert for the entire security stack at our client, including application security, building thread models, overseeing penetration testing, and effectively balancing security risk with product development initiatives.
- Identify key security considerations that our client needs to address as they’re growing their products.
- Own security-critical systems at our client. Includes but not limited to authentication, access control and encryption services.
- Establish secure coding practices across the engineering team.
- Work with engineering and XFN teams to help architect solutions that are inherently secure.
- 8+ years relevant work experience in the Information Security field.
- Well versed in Cloud Infrastructure and Mobile Application Security.
- Experience advising product teams on how to address a broad set of security and privacy challenges.
- Experience shipping code in consumer-facing products, preferably across both backend and mobile domains.
- Ability to prioritize and communicate impact for the security projects on our client's engineering roadmap.
- A desire to help build the product, not just poke holes in it.
- Kotlin, Java
- gRPC, Protocol Buffers, jOOQ, Dagger, Swagger
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- High potential for growth
- Stock in an early-stage startup
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Employee referral program
- Monthly stipend for Card testing
- 401K plan
Base Salary Range: $160,000 to $200,000