SENIOR BACKEND ENGINEER (SEED STAGE PRODUCTIVITY STARTUP)
Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|San Diego, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|San Antonio, Texas|Rochester, New York|Elk Grove, California|Overland Park, Kansas|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Kentwood, Michigan|Livonia, Michigan|Boston, Massachusetts|Brooklyn, NY|Chicago - Loop|Cicero, Illinois|Santa Barbara, CA|Frisco, TX|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA|Carmel Valley, CA|Canada - Vancouver|Canada - Toronto|Canada - Edmonton|Canada - Ottawa|Canada - Victoria|Berkeley, CA|Hoboken, NY|Jersey City, NY|Los Altos, CA|Milpitas, CA|Fort Worth, TX|Memphis, TN|Daly City, CA|San Rafael, CA|Emeryville, CA|Albany, CA|Antioch, CA|Union City, CA|Pacifica, CA|Concord, CA|Concordia, CA|Hayward, CA|Foster City|Dublin, CA|Newark, NJ|Andover, MA|Torrance|Las Vegas, NV, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
About Our Client
Our client is a VC-backed SaaS startup based in the SF Bay Area. They are a group of smart, driven, curious and collaborative people who are passionate about building a product that spreadsheet users love. They are embarking on a journey to unleash the power and flexibility of spreadsheets across all of the data in company systems. Their founders are serial entrepreneurs whose last startup, Shopular, was backed by Y Combinator and Sequoia and acquired by Rakuten Ebates.
About the Role
Our client is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help them shape and deliver their vision. You will work alongside the founders to define products, design core backend architecture, and develop resilient, scalable systems from the ground up. You may be a good fit if:
- You have 7+ years of experience designing and building complex backend systems
- You have extensive Python experience
- You relish the challenge of designing high-throughput data pipelines to support interactive, real-time use cases
- You have used technologies such as Presto, Kafka, Spark, Airflow and HDFS to build distributed data processing systems
- You have production experience with data stores such as PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra and HBase, and data warehouses such as Redshift, BigQuery, ClickHouse and Snowflake
- You have experience deploying apps and services to a production cloud environment
- You are thoughtful about software development best practices and care deeply about code quality, clean abstractions and interfaces, and processes (automated and otherwise) that enable an engineering team to ship quickly without breaking things
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Since our client is a remote team, good documentation and written record are critical.
- You are self-motivated, can deliver complex features with little direction, and thrive in an environment where a lot of responsibility rests with you
- You are passionate about joining as a founding engineer and building a company
- Bonus: You have worked at a startup and have managed engineering teams that ship product at startup pace
Our client is building a remote-only team and looking for candidates from US time zones or anywhere in India. Having worked remotely in the past is a plus.
This is a unique opportunity to join the early engineering team of a funded startup, and to shape the future of both our clients' product and company. Our client is creating a new breed of data software that will make business teams orders of magnitude more productive when working with data.
Benefits: Competitive PTO, Health Benefits, and Good Vibes
Base Salary Range: $130,000 to $210,000