SENIOR DATA INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER AT SPEECH TO TEXT STARTUP
Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Los Angeles|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Provo, Utah|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ|San Bruno, CA|Kennewick, WA|San Antonio, Texas|Wichita, Kansas|Omaha, Nebraska|Rochester, New York|Elk Grove, California|Hilliard, Ohio|Mira Mesa, California|Overland Park, Kansas|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Castro Valley, California|Littleton, Colorado|Medford, Massachusetts|Kentwood, Michigan|Livonia, Michigan|Watauga, Texas|Boston, Massachusetts|Brooklyn, NY|NYC - 2|Chicago - Loop|Cicero, Illinois|Lakeview, Illinois|Santa Barbara, CA|Waltham, MA|Frisco, TX|Santa Clara, CA|Sunnyvale, CA|Menlo Park, CA|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Bethesda, DC|Germantown, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA|Carmel Valley, CA|Berkeley, CA|Fremont, CA|Hoboken, NY|Jersey City, NY|Los Altos, CA|Burlingame, CA|Mill Valley, CA|South San Francisco, CA|Milpitas, CA, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire.
About our Client
Join our client in transforming the way remote teams work and communicate. Their AI-powered collaborative note-taking app works across Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams to help teams record, transcribe, search and share meeting notes. In addition, we are making virtual meetings accessible to all employees - allowing team members with disabilities to participate in a world that is now dominated by virtual meetings.
With over 10M users experiencing their product, they are making an impact at scale and we are growing fast. The team is made up of top talent from companies like Google, Facebook, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Pinterest, Spotify, and Plaid. They are backed by leading investors that include David Cheriton (Google’s first investor), Tim Draper (Draper Associates), Spectrum Equity, Horizons Ventures, GGV Capital, and Duke University.
About the Role
- Architect, build, and scale data pipelines
- Work closely with engineering, growth, sales, marketing, and product teams to understand the data needs of the business and produce systems
- Work on the data collection and event logging from clients and servers
- Work on third party data distribution and collection
- Ensure that our business-critical data is accurate and correct.
- Design and set up the tools that allow other members to easily write effective data pipelines.
- Implement alerting systems to track data quality and consistency.
- Prepare data and create tools for data scientists and data analysts to produce insights quickly and efficiently
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 4+ years of experience working in data engineering
- Familiar with data warehouse (Snowflake) and database (MySQL)
- Experience with streaming and big data platforms (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Snowflake and Hive), workflow systems (Airflow)
- Familiar with Python and Java
- Familiar with AWS
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
- Compensation: Salary and equity package to ensure our success is yours and 401k plans for your retirement goals.
- Health: 100% Employee coverage for medical. Dental, vision, life, disability. 75% Coverage for dependents.
- Wellness Bundle: Aaptiv, Carrot, Headspace, Quit Genius and Spring Health.
- Time Off: 15 Days PTO not including sick days and company paid holidays (4 sick days, 10 holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave: 6 weeks of pregnancy leave and 8 weeks of bonding leave.
- Technology: Apple Computer, Dell Monitor, accessories + $500 per year desk fund
Base Salary Range