SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER (HPC ANALYTICS STARTUP)
Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Los Angeles|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Provo, Utah|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ|San Bruno, CA|Kennewick, WA|San Antonio, Texas|Wichita, Kansas|Omaha, Nebraska|Rochester, New York|Elk Grove, California|Hilliard, Ohio|Mira Mesa, California|Overland Park, Kansas|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Castro Valley, California|Littleton, Colorado|Medford, Massachusetts|Kentwood, Michigan|Livonia, Michigan|Watauga, Texas|Boston, Massachusetts|Brooklyn, NY|NYC - 2|Chicago - Loop|Cicero, Illinois|Lakeview, Illinois|Santa Barbara, CA|Waltham, MA|Frisco, TX|Santa Clara, CA|Sunnyvale, CA|Menlo Park, CA|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Bethesda, DC|Germantown, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA|Carmel Valley, CA|Berkeley, CA|Fremont, CA|Hoboken, NY|Jersey City, NY|Los Altos, CA|Burlingame, CA|Mill Valley, CA|South San Francisco, CA|Milpitas, CA|Cleveland, OH|Fort Worth, TX|Memphis, TN, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
Our client can be translated into “Run” or “Accelerate”, and our technology does just that. Python is the de facto language for data applications but has limited performance and scalability. They are the first Python Supercomputing Analytics platform that empowers data scientists to run Python workloads with the extreme performance and scalability of High Performance Computing (HPC) without code rewrites. The exponential growth of data in the enterprise presents an immense opportunity for transforming industries through advanced analytics and AI/ML, and we aim to enable this transformation.
Their technology provides automatic parallelization and acceleration for analytics workloads for the first time. This allows data scientists to focus on solving business problems instead of scalability and performance of their codes. They have already deployed at Fortune 500 enterprises with great success.
Our client is seeking a Career Senior DevOps Engineer to join theit team and play a role in the evolution of the team to a full DevOps model. This is a hands-on development role that will include tasks such as coding new enhancements in a SaaS Infrastructure as code architecture, code reviews, maintaining existing code, and ensuring a superior user experience.
- Monitor existing applications and infrastructure while working to improve existing monitoring
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders and management.
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform components.
- Design and implement enterprise-grade features for our client’s Cloud SaaS Platform.
- Share the responsibility of supporting the environment and product during off-hours.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or related/relevant field.
- Experience designing infrastructure as code using and working in a secure development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of cloud deployment tools and methodologies (Terraform, Packer, AWS Cloud Formation).
- Experience with configuration management systems and concepts (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS Code deploy).
- Experience with CI/CD strategies and related tools (Azure Pipelines, GitHub Actions, AWS Code Build, Jenkins)
- Experience designing solutions in one or more cloud platforms. Experience in AWS is highly preferred.
- Communicate effectively, written and verbal to a range of audiences. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting problems.
Our client provides a competitive salary, significant equity stake, employer paid medical, dental and vision, employer partially paid dependent benefits, employer paid life insurance, remote work and flexible working hours. Unlimited time off and new Macs also are a perk while working on a new technology offering.
Developing new complex technology and building an enterprise-grade software product around it is not easy - they are looking for technologists with strong passion and drive to make it happen!
Base Salary Range: $130,000 to $220,000