SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER AT AUTOMOTIVE AUCTION PLATFORM
Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Los Angeles|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Provo, Utah|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ|San Bruno, CA|Kennewick, WA|San Antonio, Texas|Wichita, Kansas|Omaha, Nebraska|Rochester, New York|Elk Grove, California|Hilliard, Ohio|Mira Mesa, California|Overland Park, Kansas|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Castro Valley, California|Littleton, Colorado|Medford, Massachusetts|Kentwood, Michigan|Livonia, Michigan|Watauga, Texas|Boston, Massachusetts|Brooklyn, NY|NYC - 2|Chicago - Loop|Cicero, Illinois|Lakeview, Illinois|Santa Barbara, CA|Waltham, MA|Frisco, TX|Santa Clara, CA|Sunnyvale, CA|Menlo Park, CA|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Bethesda, DC|Germantown, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA|Carmel Valley, CA, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more. If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
About Our Client
Our client is a two-sided marketplace in one of the few overlooked segments left in the automotive industry, unclaimed vehicle auctions.
A team of successful entrepreneurs, a few car aficionados and a talented development team all had a vision: to create the industry-leading online auction platform to make it easy and safe to buy and sell unclaimed vehicles.
After a year of laser-focused brand creation and product development, our client launched in April 2020. They are now successfully executing regular online unclaimed vehicle auctions in four major U.S. cities – Indianapolis, Las Vegas, San Antonio, San Francisco – and is experiencing rapid product demand and growth.
Although still in its infancy, our client is fully funded, revenue positive with strong unit economics.
They are a lean, yet impactful team comprised of motivated, positive and collaborative individuals who are dedicated to the success of the company.
About the Role:
As a Product Manager, you will be devising strategy, developing product requirements, and overseeing execution for some of the highest impact initiatives that serve their marketplace for both buyers and sellers of unclaimed vehicles. This role is a true startup PM role, as you will have the opportunity to wear all of the hats required in designing and building a product from scratch. On their small team, it will be equally important for you to juggle the performance metrics of the latest product release and the design requirements and UX decisions for the next upcoming sprint.
Product Managers drive the strategy, roadmap, and user experience across all avenues of their business. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between operations, engineering, design, and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining as the first dedicated Product Manager and would be responsible on day 1 for a platform that has driven more than $3 million in Gross Transaction Value since launching in mid-April 2020.
On a day to day basis, you would spend your time split between external meetings with customers and internal discussions with your engineering, marketing, operations, and sales counterparts. This role will provide the opportunity to join a passionate and lean team that is collaboratively developing the strategy to 10x their growth from $3M in GTV to $30M in the next 12 months.
They’re looking for creative and curious product thinkers who can develop and grow a compelling vision for both sides of their marketplace on the buy-side (salvage yards, parts pickers, car hobbyists and enthusiasts, and dealers) and sell-side (municipalities, local impound yards, large towing operators).
You may be a good fit if:
- You have an interest or experience in automating old-world industries, particularly the auto industry
- You have experience building software products for real-world problems and have managed the tradeoffs of solving business objectives with either software product or people and process
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, operations, marketing, design, and sales
- You’re motivated by the chance to build something from the ground up
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have experience managing consumer software products from kick-off to ship
- You have a curious mind and are interested in how popular products work and why design decisions were made
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium, and large releases
- You’ve started or ran a business before
- Have 5+ years working within or leading a product team
- Success collaborating and working with a range of personality types across engineering and operations
- Demonstrated success across the full stack of Product Management: user research, product design, and implementation
- Technical skills e.g., ability to gain an in-depth understanding of software systems, build a robust integration with external APIs, make meaningful contributions to high-stakes discussions on data modeling or software architecture, etc.
- Passion for customer experience through both UX and design, even if not technical
- Designing products with a growth mindset
- Ability to work in Design tools like Figma or Sketch
Benefits: PTO, healthcare, and more!
Base Salary: $140k to $170k