SENIOR SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER
Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Los Angeles|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Provo, Utah|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ|San Bruno, CA|Kennewick, WA|San Antonio, Texas|Wichita, Kansas|Omaha, Nebraska|Rochester, New York|Elk Grove, California|Hilliard, Ohio|Mira Mesa, California|Overland Park, Kansas|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Castro Valley, California|Littleton, Colorado|Medford, Massachusetts|Kentwood, Michigan|Livonia, Michigan|Watauga, Texas|Boston, Massachusetts|Brooklyn, NY|NYC - 2|Chicago - Loop|Cicero, Illinois|Lakeview, Illinois|Santa Barbara, CA|Waltham, MA|Frisco, TX|Santa Clara, CA|Sunnyvale, CA|Menlo Park, CA|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Bethesda, DC|Germantown, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA|Carmel Valley, CA, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
About Our Client
Over the past decade, millions of Americans have been forced to put their dreams of homeownership on hold. Home prices have outpaced wage growth while mortgage requirements continue to tighten. As a result, renters are missing out on a critical wealth-building opportunity: owning a home.
Our client building an on-ramp to homeownership – one that's more affordable, more flexible, and an overall better fit for the modern American family – and it’s working.
About the role
Their business is built upon a multitude of processes and critical workflows each with its own unique constraints and data flows. The uptime and reliability of these processes are paramount as we begin to scale their business and company from a small startup to a fine-tuned business. In this role, you will support engineering by building their tooling to streamline their development processes. You will also be responsible for partnering with their product team to define and implement the proper SLOs and SLA. You will be supporting a core portion of their business with a large downstream impact. Attention to detail is critical for this role. You will need to fully understand how your work impacts their operational teams.
You will be able to leverage your creativity and unique skill set to make homeownership more accessible and equitable. Our client's engineering team builds tools to support their consumer, agent, and administrative products. You’ll own projects from start to finish, support your teammates on other projects, and work collectively scaling their platform to thousands of new applicants and housing markets around the country. Projects will require cross functional collaboration across teams involved in the entire home buying process. You will work alongside a team of about ~20 engineers, ~5 product managers, ~4 data scientists, and about ~150 other employees working on different parts of the business.
- Work cross-functionally to define SLIs, SLOs, SLAs and setup the proper monitoring and alerting to minimize downtime
- Build tools and automation that enhance engineering productivity
- Implement industry standard best practices that promote reliability, iteration speed, and platform security
- Own the deploy processes and guide us towards CD
- Understand and own their cloud infrastructure, incident response procedures, and capacity planning
- Manage on-call schedules and escalation processes
- Build tools to automate routine engineering processes in order to minimize the human intervention required to keep the business operating
Work Experience/About You
- You have 4+ experience as SRE, and software engineering experience
- You have worked in environments where you were responsible for understanding and ensuring the reliable operation of deployments from end-to-end (front-end to database as well as data ingestion pipelines)
- Worked with monitoring tools and understand best practices for alerting
- A strong understanding and previous experience with cloud infrastructure such as GCP, AWS, Azure, etc
- You demonstrate a desire for readable, testable, and performant code
- You have empathy for your peers and customers
- High degree of curiosity and ownership
Why we love our client:
- 100% remote first culture with onsite option at their SF or Denver offices
- Flexible PTO & mental health days
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, commuter)
- Professional development stipend
- Low ego, high impact culture
- High value on work-life balance
- Recognized as Time 100’s most influential companies of 2022
- Diverse executive team (42% women)
Base Salary: $135,000 - $190,000 (depending on experience)