SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Los Angeles|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Provo, Utah|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ|San Bruno, CA|Kennewick, WA|San Antonio, Texas|Wichita, Kansas|Omaha, Nebraska|Rochester, New York|Elk Grove, California|Hilliard, Ohio|Mira Mesa, California|Overland Park, Kansas|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Castro Valley, California|Littleton, Colorado|Medford, Massachusetts|Kentwood, Michigan|Livonia, Michigan|Watauga, Texas|Boston, Massachusetts|Brooklyn, NY|NYC - 2|Chicago - Loop|Cicero, Illinois|Lakeview, Illinois|Santa Barbara, CA|Waltham, MA|Frisco, TX|Santa Clara, CA|Sunnyvale, CA|Menlo Park, CA|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Bethesda, DC|Germantown, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA|Carmel Valley, CA
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
About Our Client
Our client is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with custody liquidity, and security solutions. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, our client offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, with more than $10 billion in custody and circulation. In 2020, they launched their brand Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, they launched their brand Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. Our client processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. Their customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. Our client is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer who will join their Ethereum team. This role can be worked remotely so long as your home base is in North America.
- Pioneer the onboarding of new Ethereum-based tokens, protocols (L2, Bridges, Roll-ups), and network upgrades (Hard forks, Ethereum 2.0)
- Contribute to stability and scalability of our client’s Ethereum infrastructure and transaction processing services
- Author logic for signing, broadcasting, and reducing fees of Ethereum transactions
- Work closely with the Product Manager to resolve any blockers that hinder daily operations
Skills & Experience:
They are looking for teammates who share and practice their values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. They are looking for coworkers who share their vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- Security focused, highly motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset
- 2+ years of software engineering experience on the server-side
- Having worked with some NodeJS required. Heavy experience is a plus
- Strong experience with taking a set of requirements and implementing them fully with minimal guidance
- Interested in Ethereum and the cryptocurrencies ecosystem
- Experience with RESTful programming conventions
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL
- A depth of knowledge and implementation experience
Nice to have:
- Some understanding of solidity, Ethereum transaction fees, and the Ethereum transaction model
- Understanding or experience with MongoDB, Kubernetes, Docker, Drone, or asynchronous programming methods/tools
Why Join Our Client?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify their corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. They are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join our client and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
Base Salary: $110,000 to $160,000