SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE (HPC ANALYTICS STARTUP)
Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Los Angeles|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Provo, Utah|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ|San Bruno, CA|Kennewick, WA|San Antonio, Texas|Wichita, Kansas|Omaha, Nebraska|Rochester, New York|Elk Grove, California|Hilliard, Ohio|Mira Mesa, California|Overland Park, Kansas|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Castro Valley, California|Littleton, Colorado|Medford, Massachusetts|Kentwood, Michigan|Livonia, Michigan|Watauga, Texas|Boston, Massachusetts|Brooklyn, NY|NYC - 2|Chicago - Loop|Cicero, Illinois|Lakeview, Illinois|Santa Barbara, CA|Waltham, MA|Frisco, TX|Santa Clara, CA|Sunnyvale, CA|Menlo Park, CA|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Bethesda, DC|Germantown, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA|Carmel Valley, CA|Berkeley, CA|Fremont, CA|Hoboken, NY|Jersey City, NY|Los Altos, CA|Burlingame, CA|Mill Valley, CA|South San Francisco, CA|Milpitas, CA|Cleveland, OH|Fort Worth, TX|Memphis, TN, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
Our client can be translated into “Run” or “Accelerate”, and our technology does just that. Python is the de facto language for data applications but has limited performance and scalability. They are the first Python Supercomputing Analytics platform that empowers data scientists to run Python workloads with the extreme performance and scalability of High Performance Computing (HPC) without code rewrites. The exponential growth of data in the enterprise presents an immense opportunity for transforming industries through advanced analytics and AI/ML, and we aim to enable this transformation.
Their technology provides automatic parallelization and acceleration for analytics workloads for the first time. This allows data scientists to focus on solving business problems instead of scalability and performance of their codes. They have already deployed at Fortune 500 enterprises with great success.
- Build and extend core components of our client's Cloud Platform's infrastructure
- Architect systems and abstractions using the right available components and tools
- Design and implement features that scale to thousands of concurrent users and user clusters, and thousands of cores per cluster
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Enhance simplicity, robustness, efficiency and scalability of the Cloud Platform
- Lead team to design features that are coherent, consistent, and feel familiar to data scientists and data engineers
- Lead various efforts in platform development and work with other Engineering leaders in product roadmap
- Help hire and build cloud Infrastructure team
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience leading cloud infrastructure development
- Must have start-up experience, ideally with a company smaller than 20 employees in SAAS industry
- Experience architecting, developing, deploying and operating large scale distributed systems at scale
- Experience working with cloud technologies: Kubernetes (K8s), Docker, Terraform, microservices, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Highly skilled in people management/development, strong communication skills, and an impeccable attention to detailTeam-oriented, collaborative, and able to implement important decisions.
- Can synthesize coherent plans and priorities from the inputs of the team and business partners.
- Data-driven decision maker
Our client provides a competitive salary, significant equity stake, employer paid medical, dental and vision, employer partially paid dependent benefits, employer paid life insurance, remote work and flexible working hours. Unlimited time off and new Macs also are a perk while working on a new technology offering.
Developing a new complex technology and building an enterprise-grade software product around it is not easy - they are looking for technologists with strong passion and drive to make it happen!
Base Salary Range: $150,000 to $220,000