SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, PRODUCT
Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|Durham, NC|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Cincinnati, OH|Cupertino, CA|El Segundo, CA|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ|San Bruno, CA|Kennewick, WA|Wichita, Kansas|Omaha, Nebraska|Rochester, New York|Elk Grove, California|Hilliard, Ohio|Mira Mesa, California|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Castro Valley, California|Medford, Massachusetts|Kentwood, Michigan|Livonia, Michigan|Brooklyn, NY|NYC - 2|Chicago - Loop|Santa Barbara, CA|Frisco, TX|Santa Clara, CA|Sunnyvale, CA|Menlo Park, CA|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Bethesda, DC|Germantown, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA|Carmel Valley, CA|Canada - Toronto|Canada - Edmonton|Canada - Ottawa|Canada - Victoria|Fremont, CA|Hoboken, NY|Jersey City, NY|Los Altos, CA|Burlingame, CA|Mill Valley, CA|Cleveland, OH|Fort Worth, TX|Memphis, TN|San Jose, CA|San Rafael, CA|El Cerrito, CA|Albany, CA|Antioch, CA|Union City, CA|San Ramon, CA|Los Altos|Concord, CA|Foster City|Dublin, CA|Newark, NJ|Andover, MA|Oxnard, CA|Torrance, CA|Las Vegas, NV|Mesa, AZ|Hudson, NH|Mexico City, Mexico|Buenos Aires, Argentina|SP, Sao Paulo|Punta del Este, Maldonado, Uruguay|Santiago, Chile|Córdoba, Argentina, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
Our Client's Mission
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our small but growing engineering team to define, build and iterate on features for our consumer-facing product! You will work closely with Product, Operations, Customer Support, Growth and other functions to design and build a reliable, intuitive, and simple experience for our users. As an early member of the team, we hope you will also have a lot of impact on our team culture, processes and norms.
Our client is a cross-platform mobile app developed with React Native and TypeScript, which talks to a backend service written in Kotlin and backed by a PostgreSQL database, all of which runs on AWS and is managed via Terraform and Ansible. This is a full-stack role, and you will have plenty of opportunities to work on all parts of our tech stack. We’re an encouraging environment that values both teamwork and autonomy, and have many exciting upcoming challenges, including scaling up to handle increased volume and complexity, improving UI and UX to drive growth and retention, building internal tools for our customer support and acquisition efforts, and much more!
- Looking to join a growing team and collaborate on product decisions
- Great at balancing speed of execution with writing clean, well-designed code
- Looking to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
- A clear communicator who believes in communicating kindly but candidly
- Committed to using your engineering skills for social good
- 3+ years of full-time software development experience, or equivalent
- Proficiency with React or React Native, and a typed backend language like Java or Kotlin
- Experience owning user-facing features end-to-end, from conception to launch
- Experience developing software in a collaborative, multi-functional, and fast-paced environment
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience working on a multi-platform mobile app with a significant volume of traffic
- Experience creating design mocks or other kinds of UX work
- Experience working on systems that have real-world performance and reliability constraints
Benefits (US)- specifics depend on geography!
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited leave
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, training, etc.)
- Equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Work from home desk stipend
- Behavioral health benefits
Benefits: PTO, Health Benefits, and More!
Base Salary Range: $140-170K