STAFF BACKEND ENGINEER AT ALL-IN-ONE LEARNING PLATFORM
Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Los Angeles|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Provo, Utah|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ|San Bruno, CA|Kennewick, WA|San Antonio, Texas|Wichita, Kansas|Omaha, Nebraska|Rochester, New York|Elk Grove, California|Hilliard, Ohio|Mira Mesa, California|Overland Park, Kansas|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Castro Valley, California|Littleton, Colorado|Medford, Massachusetts|Kentwood, Michigan|Livonia, Michigan|Watauga, Texas|Boston, Massachusetts|Brooklyn, NY|NYC - 2|Chicago - Loop|Cicero, Illinois|Lakeview, Illinois|Santa Barbara, CA|Waltham, MA|Frisco, TX|Santa Clara, CA|Sunnyvale, CA|Menlo Park, CA|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Bethesda, DC|Germantown, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA|Carmel Valley, CA|Berkeley, CA|Fremont, CA|Hoboken, NY|Jersey City, NY|Los Altos, CA|Burlingame, CA|Mill Valley, CA|South San Francisco, CA|Milpitas, CA|Cleveland, OH|Fort Worth, TX|Memphis, TN, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
About Our Client
Our client is a modern training software that helps growing customer facing teams onboard, train, and certify their employees. The platform empowers reps to be more productive by taking training and knowledge materials to where they already work like SFDC, Slack and Chrome. They’re out to revolutionize the way people onboard, train, and get certified across the business. Top companies like Zoom, Box, and Reddit trust our client to deliver amazing learning experiences for their customers, partners, and employees.
Why Our Client?
- Recently raised a $40M Series C led by Salesforce Ventures, Slack Fund, and Susa Ventures
- #1 Top-Rated LMS by The Motley Fool
- JMP Securities Hot 100 Startups: The best privately held software companies 2022
- #1 on Inc's 2021 Best Workplaces List for Startups
- Fortune's Best Places to Work in the Bay Area 2021
- Top 100 fastest-growing SaaS companies of 2020 by SaaS Mag
They're an experienced enterprise team with members that have been part of the early engineering function at SaaS companies, like Box and Mixpanel. They move extremely quickly and are constantly pushing each other to release early and often.
Eng Team Highlights
- Strong focus on internal/upward mobility - always look to promote from within prior to external hiring efforts, clear growth frameworks/promotion paths that are based on measurable, attainable goals.
- They are also an incredibly agile and fast-growing team. They're expecting to grow the PDE team by 2.5x in the next year, so the opportunities for growth are going to be endless. You will truly be able to carve out your own career path here, and be able to work for a leadership team that will truly support that growth by giving you projects and work to dedicate to your development.
- Collaborative environment - firm believers in no one or no idea is too big or too small to be heard. They empower all of their employees to have a voice and to know that their opinions and their voices will be, not only heard, but valued and respected.
What will I be doing?
- Collaborate with peers to write and review code that contributes to their core SaaS product.
- Partner with Product and Design teams to plan and implement rich feature sets.
- Work with Customer Success teams to meet the needs of their customers.
- Improve technical and leadership skills in a high-performance environment.
- Participate in discussions to evolve backend development practices and overall engineering culture.
- Contribute to the growth of their engineering teams through recruiting, interviewing, and mentorship.
Our tech stack consists of:
- Ruby on Rails
- Webpacker, and ReactJS
- RSpec, RuboCop, Brakeman
- Deployed on AWS
What skills do I need?
- Strong desire to work at an early-stage startup
- 7+ years of industry experience building product quality software
- Knowledge of distributed systems and REST API design
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions
- Expert time-management and prioritization within a fast-paced environment
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Fully Remote - Work from anywhere in the US
- Unlimited PTO & 10 company wide holidays + winter break
- Equity with annual refreshes
- Full healthcare coverage
- Stipend for remote work setup, DeskPass account, & virtual and regional meetups
- Annual stipend for professional development
- Half Day Fridays every other week
- Quarterly Self Care Day & more
- Mental Health and Wellness Resources including a free subscription to Calm Premium
- $100 Birthday Donation to the charity or non-profit of your choice
- Employee Resource Groups (Mental Health, Womxn, Asian/Pacific Islander, Afro-xxx/African-American/Black, LGBTQties, DEI, Pride)
Base Salary Range: $130,000 to $220,000