STAFF FULL STACK ENGINEER
Remote, South Bay Area, San Francisco, CA, New York, New York, Pittsburgh, PA, Seattle, WA, Los Angeles, Boston, MA, Raleigh, NC, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Denver, Colorado, Baltimore, Maryland, Mountain View, CA, Palo Alto, CA, Washington D.C., Santa Monica, CA, Culver City, CA, Miami, FL, Portland, OR, Chicago, IL, Princeton, NJ, Cambridge, MA, Stanford, CA, Ithaca, NY, Ann Arbor, MI, Philadelphia, PA, Madison, WI, Hanover, Maryland, Atlanta, GA, Columbus, OH, Evanston, IL, West Lafayette, IN, New Haven, CT, Durham, NC, Bloomington, IN, Nashville, TN, San Diego, CA, Venice Beach, CA, Charlotte, NC, Huntsville, Alabama, Boulder, CO, Colorado Springs, CO, Trenton, NJ, Minneapolis, MN, Pleasanton, CA, Oakland, CA, Albuquerque, NM, Bozeman, MT, Cincinnati, OH, Clearwater, FL, Cupertino, CA, Detroit, MI, El Segundo, CA, Fairfield, CT, Hartford, CT, Honolulu, HI, Irving, TX, Salt Lake City, UT, Provo, Utah, Milwaukee, WI, Tucson, AZ, San Bruno, CA, Kennewick, WA, San Antonio, Texas, Wichita, Kansas, Omaha, Nebraska, Rochester, New York, Elk Grove, California, Hilliard, Ohio, Mira Mesa, California, Overland Park, Kansas, Colorado Springs, Colorado, Castro Valley, California, Littleton, Colorado, Medford, Massachusetts, Kentwood, Michigan, Livonia, Michigan, Watauga, Texas, Boston, Massachusetts, Brooklyn, NY, NYC - 2, Chicago - Loop, Cicero, Illinois, Lakeview, Illinois, Santa Barbara, CA, Waltham, MA, Frisco, TX, Santa Clara, CA, Sunnyvale, CA, Menlo Park, CA, Redwood City, CA, San Carlos, CA, Chevy Chase, DC, Bethesda, DC, Germantown, DC, Queen Anne, WA, Plymouth, Michigan, Brisbane, CA, Carmel Valley, CA, Berkeley, CA, Fremont, CA, Hoboken, NY, Jersey City, NY, Los Altos, CA, Burlingame, CA, Mill Valley, CA, South San Francisco, CA, Milpitas, CA, Cleveland, OH, Fort Worth, TX, Memphis, TN
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more. Of you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
Our client is the leading enterprise platform for corporate learning. We’re out to revolutionize the way people onboard, train, and get certified across the business. Top companies like Zoom, Box, and Reddit trust their software to deliver amazing learning experiences for their customers, partners, and employees. They are a people-driven company with the belief that businesses should not only build lasting products but also lasting careers. We want to work with people who are incredibly team-oriented, jump head-first into a challenge, and always maintain a high bar for excellence.
- #1 Top-Rated LMS for 2021 by The Motley Fool
- #1 on Inc's 2021 Best Workplaces List for Startups
- #27 on Fortune's Best Small & Mid Sized Companies in 2021
- Fortune's Best Places to Work in the Bay Area 2021
They just raised our Series B and are growing steadily in a large, well-defined SaaS market. This is an exciting time to join the team as they blitzscale and build the team for the next stage of growth. They are an experienced enterprise team with members that have been part of the early engineering function at SaaS companies, like Box and Mixpanel. They move extremely quickly and are constantly pushing each other to release early and often.
What will I be doing?
We build a fast-growing, enterprise-grade training platform with lots of functionality and integrations, and a beautiful UI. Engineers are tasked with architecting projects from the ground up in a scalable way using the technologies they see fit, while building a growing layer of common architecture to support the expanding codebase.
Projects I might work on:
- A reporting/analytics engine to surface all the training metrics generated by our system. Architecting the data pipeline that serves these analytical queries.
- Research and implement a state management approach (Redux, etc.) for our frontend React components.
- Set up a continuous testing pipeline. Build up test suite and make sure it runs in a reasonable amount of time. Integrate testing with our code review tool.
- Architecting, developing, and deploying new features for our core SaaS product
- Help grow the engineering team and capabilities, including supporting hiring.
- Partner with engineering leaders to define and execute on engineering excellence.
- Review systems designs, technology decisions, and code to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Facilitate technology discussions with engineers to build consensus and create alignment around important technology decisions.
- Share learning and knowledge to empower distributed decision-making while shaping future engineering leaders.
What skills do I need?
- Strong desire to work at an early-stage startup
- 5+ years of industry experience building product quality software
- Hands-on Ruby on Rails Development working in a fast-paced environment
- Solid grasp of Postgres or other relational databases
- Expert time-management and prioritization within a fast-paced environment
- Effective at collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Enjoy mentoring others who tend to look to you for guidance whether to solve an architecture challenge or unwind a git problem
Benefits: PTO, Healthcare, and more!
Base Salary Range: $130,000 to $220,000