TEAM LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER (SEED STAGE STARTUP)
Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Los Angeles|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Provo, Utah|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ|San Bruno, CA|Kennewick, WA|San Antonio, Texas|Wichita, Kansas|Omaha, Nebraska|Rochester, New York|Elk Grove, California|Hilliard, Ohio|Mira Mesa, California|Overland Park, Kansas|Colorado Springs, Colorado|Castro Valley, California|Littleton, Colorado|Medford, Massachusetts|Kentwood, Michigan|Livonia, Michigan|Watauga, Texas|Boston, Massachusetts|Brooklyn, NY|NYC - 2|Chicago - Loop|Cicero, Illinois|Lakeview, Illinois|Santa Barbara, CA|Waltham, MA|Frisco, TX|Santa Clara, CA|Sunnyvale, CA|Menlo Park, CA|Redwood City, CA|San Carlos, CA|Chevy Chase, DC|Bethesda, DC|Germantown, DC|Queen Anne, WA|Plymouth, Michigan|Brisbane, CA|Carmel Valley, CA, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
About our Client
Our client is an employee rewards app that incentivizes productivity and longevity. Shift workers are the engine of our economy, powering restaurants, call centers, factories, and warehouses. We celebrate them.
They are a rapidly growing seed-stage company based in New York City backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Coatue Management, Collaborative Fund, Founders Fund, and other top angel and institutional investors.
About the Role
As a Tech Lead you will be responsible for architecting their systems, collaborating on the product roadmap, evangelizing best practices, and mentoring junior engineers.
The initial functions of the role will be to build out a more robust shift worker experience, consolidate their internal tools into a platform that can be used by their customers, and investigate opportunities to support their users through mission-driven financial technology.
- Lead the engineering efforts on either the Fintech, Internal Tools, or User Experience teams.
- Build, consume, and productize APIs supporting their product offering.
- Integrate with third-party services and develop systems to monitor their health.
- Create engineering requirement documents in partnership with product leads and engineering leadership.
- Work with design, product, and business functions on new projects and efforts.
- 6+ years of consumer-facing application development.
- 3+ years of managing teams.
- Ability to clearly communicate and manage expectations of stakeholders.
- Experience building and maintaining complex systems.
Helpful Experiences and Background
- Python (Django), TypeScript (React), SQL
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Heroku
- Datadog, Metabase, Salesforce, Twilio
- Education, Hospitality, Food, Media, Tech
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 100% coverage for high-quality health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly Fitness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Company-sponsored 401K
- A beautiful office (if that's your thing) with unparalleled views of Grand Central Station [Note: if you are located in NYC)
- An energetic and motivated team based in New York, with the challenging, fun, and fulfilling opportunity to celebrate shift workers
Base Salary Range: $135,000 to $150,000