TECH LEAD FULLSTACK
Remote|South Bay Area|San Francisco, CA|New York, New York|Pittsburgh, PA|Seattle, WA|Los Angeles|Boston, MA|Raleigh, NC|Austin, TX|Dallas, TX|Denver, Colorado|Baltimore, Maryland|Mountain View, CA|Palo Alto, CA|Washington D.C.|Santa Monica, CA|Culver City, CA|Miami, FL|Portland, OR|Chicago, IL|Princeton, NJ|Cambridge, MA|Stanford, CA|Ithaca, NY|Ann Arbor, MI|Philadelphia, PA|Madison, WI|Hanover, Maryland|Atlanta, GA|Columbus, OH|Evanston, IL|West Lafayette, IN|New Haven, CT|Durham, NC|Bloomington, IN|Nashville, TN|San Diego, CA|Venice Beach, CA|Charlotte, NC|Huntsville, Alabama|Boulder, CO|Colorado Springs, CO|Trenton, NJ|Minneapolis, MN|Pleasanton, CA|Oakland, CA|Albuquerque, NM|Bozeman, MT|Cincinnati, OH|Clearwater, FL|Cupertino, CA|Detroit, MI|El Segundo, CA|Fairfield, CT|Hartford, CT|Honolulu, HI|Irving, TX|Salt Lake City, UT|Provo, Utah|Milwaukee, WI|Tucson, AZ, Full time
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, the team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
Our client is a live streaming platform built to celebrate beauty in the most authentic way possible. It’s a place where creators join in with a highly engaged community to talk about what they love–all in real-time.
Their mission is to provide the beauty community a home to create and connect. Every decision made is focused on nurturing this community, and everything done is based on four essential values that define who they are: Compassion, Inclusion, Learning, and Joy.
They are a fun, thoughtful, passionate, and diverse team. Some of their employees are tech veterans coming from Twitch, Google, Snapchat, and the beauty world, lending the team a unique blend of live-streaming, tech, gaming, and beauty expertise. The team is a fully distributed (remote) early-stage startup well funded by some of the top VCs and angel investors, including Sequoia Capital, Cowboy Ventures, and Upside Partnership.
They are looking for a Full Stack Tech Lead to help scale the product development - both in terms of engineering practice and user growth. They are moving their core experience to be Mobile First, and are looking for someone who sees mobile web as an exciting challenge. Their goal is to create a great experience for their users across a range of browsers and devices: easy to use, a low rate of showstopper bugs, and a code base that supports quick, iterative development. They are building out new features rapidly, and that means they need a solid base from which to build. You’ll help them make sure they're continuing to build that base while moving our product feature set forward.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the Engineering team as they build an engaging, mobile-first product. They'll be leaning on you to guide them through important tradeoffs and decisions on both the backend and frontend, with an emphasis on mobile web.
- Help them mature their frontend stack to make development painless and easy.
- Shape the company culture as an early member of the team. Proactively learn about the beauty and live-streaming industries. Building user empathy is important to them.
- Work across the Engineering org and company to plan and execute large, cross-functional technical initiatives.
- Participate in the management of project priorities, deliverables, and target dates.
- Review other’s code and designs, providing constructive feedback and maintaining high standards.
- Set best practices for web development internally, and seek opportunities to improve processes and outcomes.
- Actively participate in the interviewing process as the Engineering team grows.
- 5+ years of development experience. Preferably at least 3+ years of fullstack development.
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience. This may have been informal leadership! Don't let the lack of a formal title stop you from applying.
- A solid foundation in computer science with competency in common data structures and algorithms.
- Eager to help others learn and grow as they mature as full stack developers.
- Have experience building, testing, and shipping complex features for mobile web and desktop alike. Find mobile web to be an interesting challenge rather than a terrifying mystery.
- Are familiar with one or more large cloud platforms, and enjoy building out products using cloud services.
- Have well-supported opinions about architecture, both on the frontend and backend.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; ability to present effectively to a non-technical audience.
- Are excited about building and supporting the growth of high empathy and diverse online communities.
- Comfortable and excited about putting on different hats of all shapes and sizes -- we're a small startup!
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with React Redux.
- Experience with AWS. Bonus: Experience with Heroku.
- Familiarity with video and audio live streaming.
- Experience with automated Q/A testing for mobile web.
- Experience, or an active interest, in distributed systems.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- High potential for growth
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
Base Salary Range: $160,000 to $200,000